Performs all shipping and receiving functions and support the production. Performs general office duties as required. Ensure optimum delivery of customer requirements. Act as liaison with manufacturing and scheduling to ensure same.
- Create and maintain OB Blanket Orders
- Release OP purchase Order from Blankets
- Run MRP daily
- Review Supply and Demand to ensure accuracy of MRP recommendations
- Correct system to ensure Supply & Demand is accurate
- Request cycle counts on raw material and investigate any variances
- Release orders from MRP Messages
- Run expedite report and open order report daily
- Notify production and managers of any potential shortages of material
- Monitor and track Supplier Performance
- Participate in APQP meeting
- Assist with filing/office work as required.
- Works as a Team member in all situations
- Adheres to ISO 9000 procedures.
- Maintains and encourages a safe work environment and good housekeeping.
- Assist with MRO purchasing and expediting as required
- Implement cost savings program.
- Negotiate pricing with existing sub suppliers.
- Assist Corporate Purchasing with negotiation of long-term agreements.
- Adhere to 5S methodology of disposing of used material, machinery etc.
- Contributes and/or initiates Plant 5S Initiatives
- Perform special projects as assigned by Manager
Purchasing Certificate (enrolled or obtained)
Driver’s License with a clear driving abstract.
Tow Motor License
- 2 years Shipping and Receiving preferred.
- 2 years Forklift experience a must.
Relationships With Others:
- Frequent inside contacts with various departments providing and receiving information.
- Outside contacts with truck drivers and dispatchers and suppliers
Complexity Of Tasks:
Routine and varied duties requiring some judgement. Incumbent will be required to remain very flexible and in high demand. Must learn to deal with the stress that may be associated with the position.
JDE experience an asset
Some travel may be required
Salary: 40-45K +