Tech Support Manager
Our client is looking for a Technical Support Manager who has a true passion for the industry to manage the support activities of the technical services department. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-5 years of experience in the Supervisory role, with the ability to mentor, motivate and lead employees to effectively and promptly resolve and deal with performance issues. With your leadership skills you will assist your staff in developing a high quality supportive team. The incumbent will implement new processes and procedures. You must have post secondary education and strong technical skills. Internet background is a very strong asset. Additionally, you will have effective communication, analytical, organizational and time management skills. Your main responsibility will include installing effective operations, reforming processes to reduce cost, monitoring trends and identifying areas of improvement.
In return, you will be mentored by the best in the industry. This environment gives you freedom to exercise your expertise in your own right, will path a career and give the opportunity to grow! Excellent benefits and compensation offered as well.
Tech Support Manager #2
As the Manager, Technical Support in our Operations team, you will ensure that the development and ongoing management of our technical support team.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Planning, managing, leading and coordinating systems, security, data, incident/problem resolution and change management operations for and special projects for technical support unit
- Management of technical staff and provision of input into the areas of recruitment, talent management, succession planning and performance management
- Providing technical expertise to others and make recommendations for enhancements and development of effective standards, and procedures
- Building and forging relationships with outside partners and vendors
- Development and implementation of service delivery plans
- Monitoring reports and plans and manage initiatives to improve operational performance
Your skills make the difference
A natural leader, you are capable of guiding matrix staff assigned to your projects and of bringing teams together to deliver their products on time and on budget. You also have:
- University degree or diploma ideally in computer science, engineering and/or business management
- Minimum 5 years and up to 10 years of management experience
- Extensive experience managing technical support services in a large, complex and secure operations environment; and demonstrated command of related industry standards and best practices
- Proven ability to manage technical and developmental issues arising from all phases of project and product life cycles
- Demonstrated understanding of inter-relationships among highly complex technologies and the support of those technologies
- Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM is an asset
- Demonstrated project management experience and the ability to manage risk
- Demonstrated experience in a similar leadership role
- Excellent vendor relations and management skills
Bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute significantly within this role. Solid career advancement opportunities and superior benefits are some of the other advantages.