(state briefly the principal functions of this position)
Provide manufacturing processes and facilities which optimize utilization of the facility, equipment, inventories and labour. Use in depth analysis of new products to develop layouts and process flow, cost reductions, mechanization and automation. Ensure that processes are in place which will provide optimum product quality, at minimum output required to meet schedules. Direct all quality efforts and coordinate the quality department. Procure necessary equipment to support quality checks both in the department and on the shop floor.
(list the major tasks which the incumbent is required to perform)
- Maintain and encourage safe work environment and good housekeeping.
- Evaluate proposed Engineering changes, advice Management of possible weaknesses or process problems and system performance.
- Direct all quality personnel and maintain status of quality programs, including ISO/QS9000, TS16949 & OHSAS18001 procedures, PPAP, APQP, FMEA, etc.
- Evaluate and report daily, at morning meetings, and monthly at Corporate QAC Meetings on plant and customer quality.
- Assist the Plant Management team in development of yearly budget.
- Ensure all quality systems are properly designed and implemented (i.e. quality manual, test date generation, and inspection processes.
- Provide specifications, obtain quotes, prepare Capital Expenditures, work with purchasing in vendor selection and manage the implementation of new processes.
- Assist in the installation, training and start up of new projects, QA Training and vendor SPC.
- Evaluate and cost the possible effects of new products/projects/capacity requirements on existing products, plant, tooling, capital equipment, and inventory and floor space.
- Support CMS/MRP implementation and data input for routing and processes (optimize processes through continuous auditing/upgrading work order dockets.
- Provide technical support/service to all departments (i.e. product and manufacturing knowledge and processes).
- Management Representative for TS16949, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 systems.
- Provide/obtain training, coaching and motivation to Team Leaders and subordinates to support and maintain a group fully capable of ensuring an efficient, functional department (especially in your absence).
- Investigate opportunities for cost reduction/accident prevention/environmental impact. Initiate technical improvements and training in Quality/Production departments.
- Meet specific goals as established by the "Team" (short term plan etc).
- Work as a Team Member in all situations.
(type and amount of formal schooling necessary to perform job duties)
- Mechanical Engineering Certification or
- Quality Assurance Certification or
- College Diploma in related field or
- Equivalent experience and ongoing record of pursuing Quality and Engineering education/courses.
(type and amount of previous work experience necessary to perform job duties)
- 10 Years Manufacturing Environment, preferably automotive
- Quality Assurance/Process Control
Relationships With Others:
(describe briefly the requirements of this position for dealing with or influencing theirs inside and/or outside of the company)
Must influence production personnel; collect information from Q.A., Engineering, Purchasing and Sales. Work closely with vendors of parts and machinery in conjunction with purchasing & Plant Engineer Mgr. respectively.
Complexity Of Tasks:
(describe the extent to which duties are standardized, the judgment and planning required, the types of decisions made, and the degree to which the incumbent Is free to take independent action)
- Requires in-depth analysis of product and machine capability and material flow.
- Independently design processes and layouts.
- Analysis of various process and field return problems.
(indicate specific positions which report to this position either directly or through subordinate supervisors)
- Direct and assist QP Engineers, Q.A. Technicians, Q.A. Administrator and Quality Weld Technician.
- Note any significant job characteristics not covered in previous items (i.e. Travel requirements, Use of equipment, etc.)
- Hands on use of computer and related software.
- Excellent Project Management, Time Management and problem solving skills.
Salary: 75-85 K Based on Experience