Reports to: Production Manager
Responsible for the day-to-day planning and control of production activities including yields, equipment, sanitation, staffing, supplies, schedules, and machine start-up by effectively utilizing resources to achieve production demands and customer service levels while adhering to quality and legislative guidelines.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing employees on the use of equipment and resources while maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain quality and legislative requirements by adhering to and enforcing Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Plan, direct, engage and understand daily production operations while anticipating and troubleshooting production problems.
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning employees, establishing priorities, revising schedules, and resolving problems.
- Measure performance and achieve Continuous Improvement in processes to implement cost reductions while maintaining quality.
- Strive to continuously improve; employee relations, yields, labour results, equipment, sanitation, personal job knowledge, etc.
- Develop, direct, manage, train, and motivate employees by communicating job expectations, appraising job results, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Contribute to team work and foster positive employee relations by communicating effectively with peers, employees and managers.
- Maintain working relationship with the Union/Association by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement (if applicable).
- Responsible for the administration of employee suggestions, business plan projects, time & attendance, grievances, attendance and health & safety meetings.
- Post secondary diploma and/or degree (e.g., management studies, business).
- Two years of supervisory work experience.
- CPR and First Aid certified.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Effective communication skills to lead, motivate, coach, mentor and resolve employee conflict.
- Well established organizational skills to manage multiple tasks.
- Self starter with good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Continuous learner and willingness to embrace change.
- Flexible to work shifts.