Provide manufacturing processes and facilities which optimize utilization of the facility, equipment, inventories and labour. Use in depth analysis of new products and processes to develop layouts and process flow, cost reductions, mechanization and automation. Ensure that processes are in place which will provide optimum product quality, at minimum cost at the output required to meet schedules. Maintain engineering data and technical specification as required.
- Maintain and encourage safe work environment and good housekeeping.
- Evaluate proposed Engineering changes, advise Management of possible weakness’ or process problems.
- Plan manufacturing process / material flow, methods, layouts and assist QDC Team as required.
- Evaluate and cost the possible effects of new products/projects/capacity requirements on existing products, plant, tooling, capital equipment, inventory and floor space.
- Investigate opportunities for cost reduction (CRP) and continuous improvement (CIP) via automation and mechanization of production elements.
- Provide specifications, obtain quotes, prepare Capital justifications, work with purchasing in selecting vendors and manage the implementation of new processes.
- Assist in the installation, training and start up of new product / processes launches, QA Training and Vendor SPC.
- Originate and implement quality/process improvement, cost reduction projects and standardization projects. Machine and capability studies as required. Strive for synchronous organization and ensure Poke Yoke is built into the process.
- Support JDE/MRP implementation and data input for routing and processes ( optimize processes through continuous auditing/ upgrading work order dockets).
- Provide technical support/service to all departments (i.e. product and manufacturing knowledge/processes).
- Adhere to and develop as needed, PPAP, APQP and ISO/QS 9000 & TS16949 procedures.
- Provide/obtain training, coaching and motivation to Team Leaders and subordinates, develop and lead cross functional problem solving teams.
- Work as a Team Member in all situations.
- Other projects or reports as assigned by department manager.
- Mechanical Engineering Certification or degree (3 yr minimum experience) and/or
- Quality Engineering Certificate or Degree ( 3 yrs. Minimum experience ) and/or
- Equivalent experience
- minimum 3 Years Manufacturing Environment with extensive experience in process/quality improvements Welding & Stamping experience.
- Computer skills data base (JDE), Windows Excel, Project Management , Word, Outlook
Relationships With Others:
Must influence production personnel, collect information from Q.A., Engineering, Purchasing and Sales. Work closely with vendors of parts and machinery.
Complexity Of Tasks:
- Requires in-depth analysis of product and machine capability and material flow.
- Independently design processes and layouts.
Direct and assist Process Engineer support associates and members of various Problems Solving/ Continuous Improvement teams
Salary: 45-55 K