Ensure optimum customer service by careful management of
- Customer Service
- Manufacturing Scheduling & MRP Systems
- Purchasing/Buying/Expediting functions/Vendor Selection
- Inventory Control
- Shipping & Receiving
- Production Control
- Freight/Traffic and Distribution
- Promote, maintain and encourage a safe work environment and good housekeeping by example and in accordance with Company Health & Safety Policies/Procedures and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Supervise Purchasing, Scheduling, Customer Service and Shipping/Receiving function.
- Manage buying and inventory levels within company objectives.
- In conjunction with Engineering, ensure accuracy of all perpetual inventory records ($ value and quantities) striving to achieve accurate annual inventory through good cycle counts.
- Perform make/buy analysis and participate in the overall company Cost Reduction Program.
- Manage the traffic of the facility to ensure the lowest possible freight costs.
- Assist with returning defective product, with participation of the QA Manager, and Purchasing.
- Ensure accurate inventory records are maintained and that all required inventory is available.
- Adhere to ISO/QS 9000 & TS16949 procedures.
- Provide/obtain training, coaching and motivation to Team leaders and subordinates to support and maintain a group fully capable of ensuring an efficient, functional department (esp. in your absence).
- Directly responsible and accountable for enforcement of all Plant & Safety rules, as they are intended, equally with all Associates in accordance with Company Corrective Action Procedure. Work as a Team Member first with peers and subordinate Associates.
- In the Absence of a full time scheduler will be required to schedule all work centers.
- Lead annual Steel RFQ’s / Contracts.
- Plant 4.6, 4.7 and 4.15 Clause Champion.
- Tale a lead role in all physical inventories.
- Lead Plant CRP Program.
- Lead Supplier Development.
- Lead Plant negotiations on steel, component and sub-contracting blanket requirements.
(type and amount of formal schooling necessary to perform job duties)
University or Post Secondary Education in Purchasing, MRP & Materials Management. (i.e. CAPICS)
(type and amount of previous work experience necessary to perform job duties)
- Materials Management 5 yrs
- Purchasing/Buying 3 yrs
- Knowledge of MRP/CMS
- Experience with the steel industry and automotive industry an asset
Relationships with Others:
(describe briefly the requirements of this position for dealing with or influencing others inside and/or outside of the company)
Frequent vendor contact and negotiations, and occasional Customer contact. Constant interface/reliance on relationships with all Engineers, Production Mgr., Accounting and Marketing.
Complexity of Tasks:
(describe the extent to which duties are standardized, the judgment and planning required, the types of decisions made, and the degree to which the incumbent is free to take independent action)
- Constant analysis of forecasts and impact on business
- Constant analysis of competitive vendor capability and offerings
- Constant analysis of material and purchasing requirements
- Hands on use of computer for CMS/MR
(indicate specific positions which report to this position either directly or through subordinate supervisors)
Supervise Logistics Supervisor (Shipping / Receiving), Materials Control Supervisor (Data Entry, Incoming Receiving, Production Assistant Scheduler), Purchasing and Administrative Support and Enterprise Junior Buyer.
Salary: 75-85 K Based on Experience