General Operations Manager
Our Mississauga client is seeking a General Manager to join their Mississauga Team.
In new business verticals such as in financial, government, education and automotive sectors with broader service offerings including: variable data digital print services, secure storage, distribution and fulfillment, IT services, and marketing on behalf of its clients. Our goal is to continue to develop and expand both our Company and our people.
As the General Manager of Operations you will be responsible for the operational leadership of assigned programs in Toronto. You will be responsible for developing and motivating Team Leaders and Employees to continuously improve customer service, client expectations and team building. You will assess, identify and drive continual improvements that provide operational effectiveness. You will also ensure that resources are managed and allocated to maintain optimal performance. Responsible to effectively lead the team and their performance to ensure all pertinent metrics are met.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop and recommend annual operating and capital budgets for the operating group.
- Plan, manage, and execute all operational projects.
- Accountable for: achieving operation business plans, labour (people), productivity, safety and client relationships.
- Coach/mentor, provide direction, and review performance of operations unit staff. Responsible for recommending professional development, wage increases, transfers, and promotions.
- Ensure compliance of company’s operating policies and practices, and safety regulations
- Select and assign staff / resources to projects to optimize utilization.
- Oversee and where necessary, lead the preparation of tenders and proposals and assist in securing new work through liaisons with clients and participating in presentations.
- Compile monthly reports and oversee project close-outs.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by the COO.
The ideal candidate will possess Post Secondary Education and/or equivalent work experience in the logistics, production, warehousing and transportation industry with a broad knowledge of management and operation and 5+ years of financial experience.
The successful incumbent will have the ability to lead and motivate teams and have strong organizational and time management skills. Candidate must have the ability to work independently under pressure and under tight time constraints. Able to troubleshoot issues, anticipate problems and make logical decisions; demonstrating the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and demands from clients and meet challenging timeline commitments.
This position offers a competitive compensation, benefits package. If you describe yourself as a team player, enthusiastic, possess a high level of integrity and the willingness to make a significant contribution, we invite you to apply for this opportunity.