The ideal candidate is a hands’ on leader who will manage the operations of our warehouse facility. In this role, you will strive to achieve departmental goals through effective management of your team, overseeing shipping and receiving functions, inventory control and quality control.
Overview of Duties:
- Develop and lead a strong distribution team that can deliver on business goals and provide customer service. Inspire and motivate team members and develop individual accountability at every level.
- Provide operational expertise and implement operational practices necessary to support the success of the department. Can identify and resolve operating problems.
- Instill a proactive Health and Safety culture through the implementation of the companies’ objectives and policies and procedures.
- Manage logistical aspects and supervise daily activities of the warehouse as it relates to the shipping and receiving of product.
- University graduate and equivalent
- APICS/CITT certified
- Directive leadership style that encourages result-driven, task oriented collaboration
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment, must recognize and adjust to change
- Lively and insightful communicator, more authoritative than persuasive in style
- Experience in managing a unionized environment