C.D.H. and their Brampton client searching for a position of Distribution Supervisor.
Distribution Supervisor impacts the organization by supervising many of the daily activities for an account, department, or station of a warehouse operation, and by ensuring inventory accuracy, adherence to quality standards, and effective staff management.
Key responsibilities include ensuring that performance goals are met and supervising a group of non-management employees that oversee inbound flow, inventory control, and outbound flow activities. In addition, a Distribution Supervisor is responsible for assisting in inspection and quality control activities. Individuals in this role also play a key part in service to customers, including assisting in resolving customer concerns and questions; tracking customer activity; compiling statistics; and completing compliance audits. In short, a Distribution Supervisor manages operational efficiency and ensures work completion in an operations area. This individual also has responsibilities in budgeting/financial administration, functional administration, and staff management (including career development, staffing, performance management, and organizational development) for all employees in the department.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the person will ensure the proper flow of goods into and out of the warehouse. Responsibilities will include: scheduling and allocating work to employees to ensure orders will be picked, packed and shipped in an efficient manner; ensuring returns are checked and stocked; investigating and resolution of shipment discrepancies; maintaining employees’ attendance records; ensuring compliance with employment standards legislation; hiring and training, cross-training and coaching of employees for improvement and success. The position will also participate in improving the efficiency of the warehouse operations and overseeing the housekeeping of the warehouse (I.e. Safety, security, machine maintenance, layout, stocking and inventory control of warehouse materials). The supervisor will also act as a key liaison between the operation, the client and branch management.
Capabilities, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Secondary school graduation.
- Minimum 5 years’ warehouse related experience, including 3 years’ supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good computer skills and experience in a technology-based radio frequency environment.
- Knowledge of Ontario Occupational Health and Safety, Worker’s Compensation, and Employment Standards Legislation, and loss prevention and accident investigation techniques.
- Fully conversant with all Company policies/ procedures related to Branch operations with additional knowledge of standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Proficiency in the English language.