Customer Service Person
Responsible for optimum delivery of customer requirements and act as liaison with manufacturing and shipping to ensure same. Responsible for order entry and EDI accuracy. Must be able to communicate clearly and consistently with the customer and sub-suppliers. Provide exceptional customer service.
- Maintain and encourage a safe work environment and good housekeeping.
- Communicate on a regular basis with assigned customers to ensure optimum delivery performance. Direct inquires to the appropriate departments where necessary.
- Knowledge of outside contractors and update customer requirements. Must conduct daily communication with shipping / receiving to ensure optimum delivery performance.
- Responsible for order entry via manual and EDI, Check customer EDI daily – morning, correct EDI breakdown errors, reprocess EDI when required.
- Contact the customer for any issues relating to their order i.e. no EDI, incorrect/obsolete part, verifying requirement of order, potential issues with shipment etc.
- Review accuracy of EDI requirements and reconciliation of cumulative year to date discrepancies.
- Check to ensure work order reporting is up to date.
- Maintain Future 3 Releasing System and check the integrity of incoming and outgoing data. Set up new part numbers in Future 3, update customer records and work orders to ensure accuracy of information for entry into JDE. Initiate Event Notice for new part numbers.
- Responsible for preparation of daily ship lists, containment requirements or other supplementary internal documentation required to assist with on time delivery. Assist with shipping applications, carrier information, POD and international Customs.
- Participate in all physical inventories as required.
- Responsible for collection of supporting documentation related to corrective action on missed shipments.
- Responsible for preparation of extra freight and premium freight trackers.
- Liaison with scheduling, Production and QDC to ensure delivery requirements are met.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures(Health & safety, ISO/QS 9000 & TS16949 procedures, Operational, etc.).
- Work as a team member in all situations. (Act as backup for other members of materials team as required).
- Back up for Material Planner when required.
- Work with IT & QPE to ensure new and revised parts are set up in Future 3 and JDE.
- Complete and distribute daily machine efficiency reports.
- Complete daily production reporting to JDE with Administration Assistant.
- Back up for label making.
- Back up for job card entry.
Two Years Post Secondary Education (College Level).
High School Diploma
- Purchasing & Scheduling Experience
- Experience with EDI and MRP
- Minimum three years experience in Customer Service
- Good Computer skills. Familiarity with spreadsheet software in a windows environment.
Relationships With Others:
Imperative that the incumbent have excellent communication skills both internally and externally.
Have the ability to deal with stressful situations and function in an industrial environment.
Complexity Of Tasks:
The general job duties are somewhat standardized. Must be able to make good business decisions (i.e. mode of transport). Must have a good understanding of Inventory Control and the impact this function has on the end result. Must be flexible and able to deal with altering priorities.
Salary Range of 40-45K +