Billing and Payroll Clerk
Job Description and Requirements:
- Daily/Weekly rating of driver pay to meet weekly payroll deadline. Working with the applicable operations manager is key to learning the different methods our drivers are paid.
- Investigate driver pay questions or concerns.
- Daily, weekly or monthly billing of services performed as required by the customer. This requires reading driver time sheets and customer bills of lading and then invoicing our services based on the customer contract/agreement. Working with sales to understand the contract is critical in this regard.
- Provide month end input information for accruals and profit and loss reporting.
- Though data entry into our dispatch and billing system is a large part of the role, analyzing account profitability and understanding discrepancies between amounts billed and paid is also critical.
- Develop relationships with operations, and sales in improving the billing and payroll process and account profitability.
- Able to communicate well cross functionally with drivers, customers as the role also requires frequent interaction to either gather more information or work to resolve discrepancies/disputes as they arise.
- Job site may include regular visits to customer location (within GTA) depending on accounts assigned.
- Ability to understand business drivers of your accounts’ key process indicators and impact them positively.
- Take responsibility for account set up, issues and opportunities, drive improvement and process change as applicable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Must be comfortable with numbers and basic finance.
- Overtime required during peak periods.
- Working as part of a team environment.
- Participate in documenting processes.
- Participate in automation or other business process improvement efforts.
- Will to learn.
- Flexibility in a changing work environment.
The ideal candidate will have had some or all of the following experience:
- Knowledge of transportation industry
- Credit and Collections
- Manual Invoicing
- Basic Accounting
- Customer Service
- Data/Order Entry
Key Competencies Include:
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Financial Acumen
- Accountability for accuracy and completeness
- Able to meet weekly deadlines; time management